The vigil will be co-created by all those joining with candles on Zoom. We are grateful to be joined by Buddhist meditation leader, Jack Kornfield. The ceremony will also feature earth art from Day Schildkret of Morning Altars, music by Amber Field, contributions from health-care advocate and author Katy Butler, and reflections from some of the world’s most inspiring spiritual leaders—Rabbi Sydney Mintz of Congregation Emanu-El in San Francisco and Reverend Corey Kennard, Pastor of Amplify Christian Church in Detroit.
If you can, please show up with a candle to honor those we've lost and those that are suffering during this difficult time. Our hope is for this invitation to become a monthly occurrence, helping spark other rituals and fostering a deeper sense of togetherness in the face of what is both separating and connecting us all.
The evening also marks the official opening of Reimagine: Life, Loss, & Love, a virtual worldwide festival during COVID-19.
- Morning Altar, Day Schildkret with music by Amber Field
- Opening Bells, Katy Butler
- Offering, Day Schildkret
- Welcome, Reimagine Founder Brad Wolfe
- Meditation, Jack Kornfield
- Reflection & Candle Lighting to Honor the Dead, Rabbi Sydney Mintz
- Reflection & Blessing for the Ill, Pastor Corey Kennard
- Concluding Prayer, All
- Concluding Music, Amber Field & Bill Withers
- Post Vigil, Togetherness Circles (Optional)