This is a FREE full-day event including a small lunch snack, and includes special presentations by:
- Keynote speaker Dr. Dawn Gross, MD, PhD, who practices Hospice & Palliative medicine at UCSF, educator, writer, and radio host will discuss overcoming the stigmas and fears of dying as well as offering the wishes card game workshop towards completing an advance directive.
- Mary Anne Cook, minister providing grief support at Glide, the Gubbio Project, etc. will offer the workshop Life After Loss.
- Artist and facilitator Stefanie Elkins will offer Soul Collage, SoulCollage® as a tool for death and dying reflection.
- Jimmy Edmonds & Jane Harris filmmakers showing "A Love That Never Dies," a journey of the loss of their son.
- Christina Andreola and Ali Briggs of New Narrative Memorials will present "Not Your Grandma's Funeral, Planning a Modern Memorial."
- Kathy Stephano, actor, and the Aquatic Park Players will be presenting songs, poems, funny stories, and jokes on aging gracefully.
We are honored to host these amazing, important experiences at the stunning Aquatic Park Center in the Maritime Museum building. Don't miss it!
NOTE: On Tuesday, October 29, the Disney Museum will present a stop action film class focusing on creating your story of the celebration of life and memories.