Saturday, October 26
Next Steps provides you with the resources and tools to help you prepare for long term medical needs, support services, end of life care planning, trusts/wills and reducing social isolation of your aging loved one, or for your self.
Receive the information you need to ensure your loved ones are able to maintain their independence as they age.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Chronic disease management - Resources on organizations that can help with care management
- Transportation - Navigating the application process with Paratransit and learning about other transportation options for seniors throughout the city.
- Care-giving - Navigating the In-Home Support Services (IHSS) Public Authority application process and learning about other care-giving and respite options in San Francisco.
- Housing - Navigating the Dahlia housing application process and other housing support options
- Advanced Care Planning - Completing and understanding an advanced care planning application
- Medical/Medi-Cal - Navigating the application process and understanding your coverage
- Trust/Wills - Understanding the benefits of trusts and wills