What do funeral directors and cemetery operators do all day? How do they help grieving people? Find out in this illuminating conversation.
What do funeral directors, cemeterians and celebrants do during the course of a day? Here’s a hint: no day is the same!
Heather Leigh, General Manager of Greenhaven Memorial Gardens, is also a Certified Funeral Celebrant and Grief Recovery Specialist. She walks with families through the death of a loved one and creates unique, personalized memorial services.
Join in this conversation with Gail Rubin, Certified Thanatologist and pioneering death educator, as she and Heather discuss topics such as:
- Body disposition choices: more than burial and cremation - what options are available where.
- What do you do with men who say, “Just throw me in a ditch, I’ll be dead.”?
- Common questions that people ask about funerals, cremation, and working with the dead.
- What’s a Certified Funeral Celebrant and how do they work with families?
- Funerals, memorial services, celebrations of life – what’s the point?
- How to have “the conversation” with your family and why it’s important.