Motherless Mother's Day: Cooking demo with Meesh Coles
This event is part of the Motherless Mother's Day series. All Motherless Mother's Day events are by donation and ALL funds generated will go directly to each individual event's host (no cut from Reimagine or Alica Forneret). You will receive a link to donate directly to your host in a follow-up email from the organizer.
Live cooking class on Zoom: How to make a plant-based abundance board for yourself or someone in your life who is grieving!
Supplies needed: You do not need ALL of these fruits/veggies! The more you purchase the more variety your board will have, however it is not necessary! The board looks beautiful with few ingredients too. Stick within your budget.
- 2x hummus or dip (store-bought or home-made)
- Crackers or chips
- Olive oil
- fresh sprouts or herbs (optional for dip toppings)
- hemp hearts
- edible flowers (also optional)
- Fruit options:Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries kiwi x2, grapes, 1 orange, 1 grapefruit
- Veggie options: Cucumber, carrots, baby tomatoes, peppers (any colour), radishes (look for big ones), broccoli, cauliflower
- 1 board to design on: mine will be 20”L x 12.5”W, try to find something similar to that size or simply a larger cutting board :)
- Cutting board, knife, vegetable peeler, mandolin (if you have one), spatula, spoon, a couple very small bowls or small mason jars (optional)
**Please rinse all veggies/fruits before we begin!
About the host: Meesh is deeply passionate about the human body and each individuals unique needs to support and take care of it through nutrition and lifestyle choices. She graduated from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition in 2016 and since then has worked full time in various cooking roles and running her own health-focused personal chef/catering business. She loves to combine the science of nutrition with the diverse flavours natural foods have to offer. She is currently living on Vancouver Island with her partner on his 38ft sailboat, where they spend most of their time happily in nature and on the water.