Tending to Early Loss for Those Who Lost A Parent Young
With the help of different resourcing techniques such as restorative yoga, movement and breathwork, we will turn towards our grief with kind and loving awareness. We will engage in a creative arts practice and journaling process to tend to our younger selves, the age we were when we lost our parent(s), and move into breakout rooms to connect with others who've experienced this unique loss that we often feel so alone in.
We will end with a guided meditation to help us honor our parents, who are now our ancestors, and leave with some simple tools to continue to support the young griever within.
Please have the following for our time together:
- photo or object that reminds you of your parent
- photo or object that reminds you of your younger self
- 2 blankets
- 2 pillows
- journal and something to write with
- essential oils or eye pillow
- art supplies of any kind (crayons, markers, paints, or even a paper bag and pen will suffice)