Death is a universal experience, and we want our Reimagine festivals to be as inclusive as possible, especially for those who are often left out of this conversation. We’re committed to maintaining a focus on vulnerable, underserved populations and fostering a new, shared understanding about the language and approach(es) that respectfully make this topic safe to discuss across different communities and cultures.
The Community Engagement & Inclusion Manager is a temporary and contract position. You will work in close partnership with the co-producers of the San Francisco Reimagine festival. Your central role will be to help engage community-based organizations (CBOs) and city agencies in participating in the Reimagine San Francisco festival. This means engaging in outreach and marketing efforts that inspire participation, all in order to serve diverse communities throughout the city.
For interested CBOs and agencies, you will then help them develop and coordinate their programs to be included in the festival. This programming could be in the form of workshops, talks, panels, performances, art exhibits, etc. Some CBOs will create their own content, whereas others will work with Reimagine to bring in other collaborators that have appropriate and desired content to share with their audience. You will also be helping these groups market to their constituents, encouraging them to attend events during the festival.
It is critical that the Community Engagement & Inclusion Manager be a skilled community organizer with excellent communication, programming, and logistical skills. This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Critical Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Help develop and execute an outreach plan to community-based organizations (CBOs) and city agencies
- Brainstorm and explore opportunities for collaboration with existing and potential CBO and city partners
- Develop and execute on festival programming with and for these partners
- Act as main point of contact for these partners to answer questions and serve their specific needs, escalating to SF festival producers, when necessary
- Own the organizational and logistical details for these programs throughout the planning process and execution
- Help market events to different communities throughout the city
- Assist SF producers with additional related projects
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a community organizer or in a programming role at a mission-driven organization, non-profit, or city agency
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop effective partnerships across a wide range of different types of communities/constituents
- Ease of use of workplace apps including Slack, Gsuite, Google apps, and similar tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Personal Characteristics and Work Style
- Passion for end-of-life space
- Thrives in a startup environment with a growth mindset
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work independently toward goals and to steadily monitor and report progress
- Collaborative approach and sensitivity to the needs of others in complex team environments that engage supervisors, volunteers, and colleagues at the national and regional levels
- Attention to information sharing and open communication
- Empathetic, humble, and kind
- Highly organized
- Level-headed and calm demeanor
- Creative problem solver
- Flexible, ability to respond to the unexpected with grace and strategy
Please send applications and cover letter to Hiring Manager at email@example.com.