Production Coordinator, Reimagine NYC
Production Coordinator, Reimagine NYC
Reimagine is a national nonprofit organization that aims to transform individual and collective experiences around death, dying, and living through community-driven festivals that spark creativity, connection, and conversation. We do this by partnering with local health, faith, community, housing, arts, design and cultural organizations and individuals to create week-long festivals in cities. As a public health and cultural initiative, Reimagine addresses our national aversion to talking about end of life and creates space for individuals to reflect and remember. Reimagine NYC will be taking place across the city June 4-14, 2020.
Death is universal and we want the Reimagine NYC festival in June 2020 to be as inclusive as possible. We work across geography, race, gender and age, striving to meet people where they already are: in cinemas, senior centers, library branches, funeral parlors, museums, performance spaces, parks, comedy clubs, theaters, hospices, community centers, houses of worship, workplaces, and hospitals. We are committed to reaching vulnerable and underserved communities.
The person in this position will provide logistical and production support to Reimagine NYC staff on a range of projects in the lead up to the Reimagine festival. They might be asked to help research program talent, organize travel for a VIP, enter information into our CRM software Salesforce, get content up on the website, find a Spanish-language translator, put up fliers in library branches, or help with ticketing.
They will support some event host by helping them produce fliers, making sure they have provided compelling descriptions of their events, and inputting them into an online portal to be published on our website. They might also be pulled in to offer concierge and customer service to people struggling with our ticketing app.
This is a critical member of a small team, and will support a huge range of public programs taking place during the Reimagine festival. This might involve anything from helping to transport materials to an advanced care planning workshop hosted in a Chinatown senior center to greeting guests and tabling at a 500-person film screening, or helping to seat VIPs at opening night.
The person in this role should be someone who is highly flexible and organized. They should be comfortable working remotely and as part of a team. They enjoy learning new technology and customer service.
This position is based in New York City.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Follow up with event partners to collect signed agreements and other materials
- Salesforce data entry
- Entering marketing copy into online portal and securing logos and photos as needed
- Program design/research
- Talent research and travel support
- Managing and supporting the distribution of Reimagine festival collateral (posters, fliers, newspapers, etc.) to event hosts in the lead up to Reimagine week
- Customer service and ticketing support to partnering event hosts in the lead up to Reimagine
- Managing the scheduling and logistics of a Reimagine event hub
- Survey support - distribution, collection, etc.
- Onsite support at various workshops and public programs during the ten-day festival (this might include setting up, ticketing, greeting, tabling, securing media release forms, taking photos for Reimagine social media platforms, cleaning up, etc.)
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in either live events, marketing, customer service, development or production
- Superior customer service and people skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to get things done
- Experience using workplace tools such as Slack, G Suite, Salesforce, Wrike, and Google apps
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Personal Characteristics and Work Style:
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work independently toward goals and to steadily monitor and report progress
- Passion for end-of-life space, health care, and/or community-based arts
- Tendency to thrive in a startup environment with a growth mindset
- Collaborative approach and sensitivity to the needs of others in complex team environments that engage supervisors, volunteers, and colleagues at the national and regional levels
- Attention to detail, information sharing and open communication
- Curious, empathetic, humble, and kind
- Highly organized
- Level-headed and calm demeanor
- Creative and strategic problem solver
- Flexible, with the ability to respond to the unexpected with grace and humor
Duration and Compensation
The person should start no later than February 15th. And If we find the right person, or they find us, the position can start as soon Jan 2, 2020. It will require 20 hours per week through the third week of May, and then full-time in the last week of May and the first two weeks of June during the festival itself. The specific hours and schedule is somewhat flexible, but needs to be coordinated with supervisor in advance.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
*deadline for applications is Jan 24, 2020