Financial Support for Your Reimagine Event or Project
Reimagine is a community-wide exploration of death and celebration of life through art, creativity, and conversation. Our goal is to bring as many diverse perspectives and experiences to as many New Yorkers as possible. As such, we have created a limited fund to disburse stipends of $50-$1,000 in support of Reimagine projects and events.
Please note: A stipend is not required for collaborating with Reimagine. In fact, many hosts do not need stipends to execute their events; if you are hosting a paid event, you get to keep 100% of the ticketing revenue!
How You Can Use the Stipend
Stipends can be used to support the creation of your projects and/or execution of your events for Reimagine. Types of uses might include: arts materials, staff time, talent, transportation, or venue rental fees. Please note that if you are, in fact, selected to receive a stipend, receipt of funds is contingent upon an agreement of terms to be sent with acceptance notification.
Please note: While stipends may be used for travel purposes, priority will be given to collaborators from New York's local communities.
The Reimagine team will evaluate the applications based on:
- Ability to support Reimagine’s goals of bringing diverse perspectives, audiences, and programmatic offerings into the conversation
- Preference for projects and events that involve multiple stakeholders (partnerships and/or collaborations) within and across the arts, healthcare, spirituality, and/or design
- Thoughtfully crafted project or event idea
- Demonstrated past success/high-quality projects or events
- Clarity about how the stipend will be utilized and why it’s needed
- Wednesday, July 18 @ 11:59 p.m. Eastern: Application due
- Monday, July 23: Stipend recipients notified of award
- Wednesday, August 15: All Reimagine project and event details finalized for the website
We recommend you read our fresh-off-the-press Event Planning Kit for guidance on executing a successful Reimagine event.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.