Death finds us all eventually. We can’t prevent that. But we can direct how we would like our final days to unfold.
Advance Care Planning (ACP) is a process of conversations & creating vital directives to express your healthcare goals, values, & wishes for when you’re not able to speak for yourself. Advance planning helps ensure that we get the care that we want and avoid what we don’t want.
Stefanie Elkins, Aging Life Care Manager® & End-of-Life Doula and Judy Schnack, RN & End-of-Life Educator & Hospice Volunteer are your ACP Co-Guides.
Dates: Saturday, April 23 & Saturday, April 30, Time: 10-11:30 am PST on Zoom PLUS: Personalized 1:1 goal setting session
We will provide YOU with dedicated time for reflection and accountability that will lead to current update/completion in documenting your healthcare goals & wishes.
The three main actions that we all need to take:
- Making thoughtful choices now,
- Putting them into a written advance directive
- Discussing those choices with others
- Two curated 90-minute sessions
- (Saturday, April 23 & Saturday, April 30; 10-11:30 am PST)
- Personalized 1:1 goal setting session with Stefanie Elkins, Be Present Care.*
- Review, reflect and provide detail on what is needed to complete an advance care directive.
- Identify your personal values to assist in making choices for your end of life care.
- Dedicated time on reviewing end-of-life treatment options.
- Share ACP resources & tools that will assist you in staying organized and prepared.
- Provide an intimate & safe space to ask questions.
Leave this series feeling empowered & informed with peace of mind noting your priorities have been documented and shared.
To encourage participant success, we are only offering registration for both sessions. We will not be offering recordings to honor confidentiality.
*Personalized session will be offered through June 2022
Type:Talk, Panel, & Conversation Workshop Community Gathering
Track:Wellness Spirituality End-of-Life Planning Healthcare Living Fully
This event is in honor of For those who have had their EOL wishes honored.
Read more about NHDD’s founding: https://theconversationproject.org/nhdd/origins/