A family’s story can be told through the recipes they pass down from one generation to the next. Join us for any and all sessions in this delicious story sharing series with the Life Story Club. Each week, we will explore a different way that our memories are simmered, baked, and pickled into our favorite foods. Meet other storytellers with ancestors from around the world and learn about the traditions and recipes important to them. At the end of our series, we will publish a collection of all the recipes shared by participants.
Each weekly session is guided by a Life Story Club facilitator. Participants will be asked to share a favorite recipe and the story that goes with it.
Join us each week as we answer the following questions:
- February 3rd: What are some recipes you have that were passed down from a loved one?
- February 17th: What is your version of comfort food or soul food?
- February 24th: What are some of your go-to recipes for parties or celebrations?
- March 3rd: What is a recipe you have perfected (or made your own) over the years?
- March 10th: Who are the people who helped you learn particular recipes or techniques?
- March 17th: Who made your favorite dish when you were a child?
- March 24th: How does your home cooking reflect parts of your family’s legacy?
- March 31th (Final Recording Session)