Death over Drafts Happy Hour (DoDHH) is an opportunity for those who serve in the end of life space and the curious to gather.
Join Stefanie & special guest Gabby! Gabby Jimenez, LVN, CHPLN is a Hospice Nurse with Mission Hospice and Home Care (based in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties), End of Life Doula, author, blogger, and social media influencer of The Hospice Heart with over 100K followers on Facebook. Gabby’s books include What Would Gabby Say, Soft Landing, The Hospice Heart, and At the Bedside. Gabby uses a lot of rituals and ceremonies in her work. She has witnessed the comfort it brings to individuals and will share some of those rituals and experiences with you.
Be welcomed by your co-hosts Stefanie, Gabby, Alijah, and Matt for:
- Chit chat and mingling with fellow attendees, regulars, and newbies alike
- An icebreaker question and ritual
- A conversation with Gabby, facilitated by Stefanie, about rituals
- More chit chat and mingling!
- A closing candlelight ritual
- Located in an outdoor space at Blue Oak Brewing Co. in San Carlos, California
- All, age 21+, are welcome (registration encouraged but not required)
- Beer drinking is not required
- Our first round of drinks is complementary thanks to our event sponsor, Pisces deathcare service
- The bar doesn’t sell food, but outside food is allowed. A few complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. We encourage you to bring dinner or snacks for yourself, if you’d like.
DoDHH started when end of life colleagues and friends, Stefanie Elkins, Be Present Care along with Jill Schock, Death Doula LA, welcomed others who shared their passions – craft beer tasting and engaging in conversations on death and dying at Reimagine in 2019. Monthly Happy Hours continue at different breweries as well as on Zoom.