Monday, October 28
Reimagine Community Gatherings are opportunities for the community to come together at our Reimagine Hub space at The Laundry SF in the evening. At these informal gatherings, we hope to cultivate an inviting space for conversation, reflection, and meaningful connections. Light programming will happen during the gatherings throughout the week, including our group art exhibition “Beyond the Ripples,” artist talks and performances, Compassionate Listening booths, tarot card readings, a design-your-own-funeral workshop with GatheringUs, and more!
Programming will be happening throughout the dynamic space at The Laundry, with the following drop-in offerings on Monday, Oct. 28:
- Artist Talk + Art Activity With Veronica De Jesus - As part of our art exhibition Beyond the Ripples, we will be featuring an exclusive talk with artist, Veronica De Jesus.
- Reflection Pool: Compassionate Listening & Contemplation - Reflect on what arises as you participate in Reimagine. Skilled volunteers available for brief compassionate listening sessions. Tools for drawing, writing, or quiet contemplation also available.
- A Trip From Life To Death Through Tarot Card Reading - Reimagine a different conversation about death through a Tarot Card reading with Sara James. Experience a one-on-one reading and history of Tarot as it relates to our mortality.
- Advanced Care Planning Workshop - From 6-7:15pm, join Reimagine Founding Board Chair Dr. Jeannie Blaustein to learn about Advance Care Planning (ACP) and why it matters.
- Group Exhibition - Beyond the Ripples - a group art exhibition featuring 12 local artists, explores the edge between the rich human experience and the great unknown.
The Laundry Cafe will be open to purchase drinks and pastries. Stop by during the gathering hours, and then stay to enjoy the evening performances, talks, and workshops at The Laundry (RSVP required for evening events).