Reimagine Community Gatherings
Reimagine Community Gatherings are opportunities for the community to come together at our Reimagine Hub space at The Laundry SF in the evening. At these informal gatherings, we hope to cultivate an inviting space for conversation, reflection, and meaningful connections. Light programming will happen during the gatherings throughout the week, including our group art exhibition “Beyond the Ripples,” artist talks and performances, Compassionate Listening booths, tarot card readings, a design-your-own-funeral workshop with GatheringUs, and more!
Programming will be happening throughout the dynamic space at The Laundry, with the following drop-in offerings on Wednesday, Oct. 30:
- Climate Anxiety Listening Sessions - Overwhelmed by the existential threat of the climate crisis? Join our listening sessions where you'll have a safe space to voice and hear concerns, and move beyond anxiety towards action together.
- Artist Talk with Hillary Goidell - View our art exhibition, Beyond the Ripples, and enjoy an exclusive talk with artist Hillary Goidell.
- Reflection Pool: Compassionate Listening & Contemplation - Reflect on what arises as you participate in Reimagine. Skilled volunteers available for brief compassionate listening sessions. Tools for drawing, writing, or quiet contemplation also available.
- A Trip From Life To Death Through Tarot Card Reading - Reimagine a different conversation about death through a Tarot Card reading with Sara James. Experience a one-on-one reading and history of Tarot as it relates to our mortality.
- Group Exhibition - Beyond the Ripples - a group art exhibition featuring 12 local artists, explores the edge between the rich human experience and the great unknown.
The Laundry Cafe will be open to purchase drinks and pastries. Stop by during the gathering hours, and then stay to enjoy the evening performances, talks, and workshops at The Laundry (RSVP required for evening events).