Join us for a retreat rooted in rituals of Curanderismo and Ayurveda where we will connect with our plant ancestors, movement medicine, breath work and storytelling to mend our broken hearts.
This is part of the Nourishing Grief Retreat Series hosted by Roshni Kavate of Cardamom and Kavate.
This Retreat is offered from a multicultural perspective with teachers practicing their medicine with integrity and reverence to their culture, our retreat will be an experiential practice in :
- How to build connection to your ancestors, and your inner artist to create beauty and meaning from your personal and collective grief.
- How to connect to ancestral wisdom to cultivate daily rituals to nourish your grief.
- Build kinship with plant medicine, and reimagine rest, movement and breath as medicine for the soul.
- Create a new culture of community care
- Explore intergenerational traditional wisdom of cooking, storytelling and how food is medicine.
- Reimagine your own personal code for cultivating self pleasure
Who is this Retreat for:
- Anyone who wants to connect to their body with compassion, curiosity and explore what it means to nourish our soul.
- Move from strength and resilience to radical rest, pleasure and softness.
- Deep desire to connect ancestral traditions and rituals as tools for activism for contemporary times.
- If you are needing a space to reflect, contemplate and cultivate a personal practice of wholeness.
- For empaths, caregivers, activists, birth workers, health care providers, artists, healers.
Join healers, activists and artists, Lilia Roman and Roshni Kavate on a deeply restorative journey towards belonging, acceptance and nourishment. Grief, sadness, and heartbreak can lodge itself into our body and spirit creating disconnect. Our collective practice will involve working with plant allies, herbs, music, ritual and movement to move towards wholeness.
We will start with an intention setting ritual to connect with the elements of the earth to find grounding. We will move mindfully to find ease and sensuality. We will then be guided through the ritual of self limpia with herbs, and flowers to cleanse and nourish our spirits. We will finally be guided into deep, sweet rest through restorative practices to connect to our source of freedom and wholeness.
If available please bring:
- yoga mat or blanket to lie on (or a chair can substitute)
- pillow or yoga bolster
- another blanket to cover your body
- Fresh herbs or flowers if available (for self-limpias): rosemary, basil, mint, lavender, rose, sage are all good options.
- Herbal tea (I recommend chamomile, passionflower, tulsi or any favorite herbal tea)
- bowl of water, a candle, stone and incense/smoke
Please join us for the rest of the series here:
Roshni Kavate is Founder and Creative Director of Cardamom and Kavate. A wellness startup dedicated to reclaiming nourishing practices rooted in ancestral wisdom for collective liberation. She believes grief is a portal to wholeness. Through food, spirituality, storytelling and ritual we can reconnect to our wild selves. She sees the path to being whole as a radical art practice. https://www.cardamomandkavate.com/
You can keep in touch with Roshni here: https://www.instagram.com/cardamomandkavate
Lilia is from Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico, from what has been known as “the city of eternal Spring”, or from its indigenous name: Cuauhnahuac, ‘surrounded by or being close to trees’, in Nahuatl language. After many travels and studies, she found a home in the Bay Area and has brought her beloved yoga practice to different populations since 2011.Yoga and other ancient healing modalities such as Qi Gong and Curanderismo, the healing arts of Mexico, continue to be Lilia’s source of inspiration. Her practices are the forces that keep her grounded and help her cultivate faith and clarity in an increasing challenging life where trauma is prevalent. Leading retreats and workshop and helping people cultivate resilience and self-love is what motivates Lilia’s life. Lilia has experienced this healing first hand and now shares what has transformed her because she believes healing is everybody’s birth-right.Lilia currently teaches Yoga for People with Cancer, Chair Yoga, and Clases en Español. She also offers private classes, one-on-one, and leads beautiful, and profoundly healing, retreats and workshops. Due to the current situation we are going through, all offerings are ONLINE. You can connect with her here https://liliaroman.com/