Pleasure in times of Grief
This is part of the Nourishing Grief Retreat Series hosted by Roshni Kavate of Cardamom and Kavate.
This Retreat is offered from a multicultural perspective with teachers practicing their medicine with integrity and reverence to their culture, our retreat will be an experiential practice in :
- How to build connection to your ancestors, and your inner artist to create beauty and meaning from your personal and collective grief.
- How to connect to ancestral wisdom to cultivate daily rituals to nourish your grief.
- Build kinship with plant medicine, and reimagine rest, movement and breath as medicine for the soul.
- Create a new culture of community care
- Explore intergenerational traditional wisdom of cooking, storytelling and how food is medicine.
- Reimagine your own personal code for cultivating self pleasure
Who is this Retreat for:
- Anyone who wants to connect to their body with compassion, curiosity and explore what it means to nourish our soul.
- Move from strength and resilience to radical rest, pleasure and softness.
- Deep desire to connect ancestral traditions and rituals as tools for activism for contemporary times.
- If you are needing a space to reflect, contemplate and cultivate a personal practice of wholeness.
- For empaths, caregivers, activists, birth workers, health care providers, artists, healers.
Calling all pleasure feeling people to join healers and activists, Joan Rupram and Roshni Kavate for an afternoon of exploration and discovery.
Our cultural conditioning has separated us from embodying and savoring the simple acts of self pleasure. What does it look like to place our desires at the center? We will explore the themes of shame, guilt, eroticism and definition of pleasure in the context of grief.
Through collective sharing, and ancestral rituals we will participate in a full body experience of awakening the senses. Roshni will lead us on a Mango Meditation, we will devour a whole mango and reflect on sensuality. Joan will guide us in the ritual of a self face massage as we collectively rewrite our pleasure code.
Favorite fruit of your liking
Favorite face oil of your liking
ex: sweet almond oil, coconut oil, shea oil, jojoba oil
Please join us for the rest of the series here:
About your hosts:
Roshni Kavate is Founder and Creative Director of Cardamom and Kavate. A wellness startup dedicated to reclaiming nourishing practices rooted in ancestral wisdom for collective liberation. She believes grief is a portal to wholeness. Through food, spirituality, storytelling and ritual we can reconnect to our wild selves. She sees the path to being whole as a radical art practice. https://www.cardamomandkavate.com/.
You can keep in touch with Roshni here https://www.instagram.com/cardamomandkavate
Joan is an Indo-Caribbean & South Asian femme immigrant and descendent of Indian Indentureship of Guyana. They are a healer and educator focused on ushering wellness as the foundation of sustainable leadership and decentering whiteness through reclaiming our ancestral lineage. Bridging the gap between the spiritual and the political, Joan’s mission is to harmonize inner transformation to restore collective responsibility within our families and communities; creating ruptures of communal care within societies. Joan is the Founder and CEO of JR Consultancy; providing Leadership Embodiment Mentorship for Leaders pioneering self accountability in collective responsibility.