Medical Assistance in Dying & Death Doulas * 2 Part Series
This is a digital event. You should receive information in your ticket or from the host about how to join online.
- Add to Calendar:
- Google |
- iCal (ics)
Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD) – is a legal medical provision in Canada. For individuals accessing MAiD there is a significant role the End of Life (Death) Doula can fill to help ease the additional pressure and stresses that can come when an individual makes this choice.
This interactive workshop will offer education and guidance on MAiD, as well as case studies and role play activities to help you to build your skill set and gain comfort and confidence in supporting clients and their loved ones through the MAiD process.
In this workshop you will learn:
1. The history of MAiD legislation in Canada
- What is MAiD, eligibility, access, and safeguards
- Accessors & providers
- Organ Donation & MAiD
- Grief & MAiD
2. The Role of the Death Doula in MAiD
- What makes a MAiD death different
- Things to consider in your role as a Death Doula, and what you need to know
- Specific ways to support a client and their loved ones through the MAiD process and beyond
- How to use your skills and experience
- Practice and immersion in doing the "work"
THIS IS AN ENGAGING WORKSHOP REQUIRING ACTIVE PERSONAL INTERACTION WITH OTHER PARTICIPANTS. YOU MUST HAVE BOTH AUDIO AND VIDEO CAPABILITY AND BE WILLING TO HAVE YOUR CAMERA ON.