Motherless Mother's Day: Yoga for grief with Ken Breniman
This event is part of the Motherless Mother's Day series. All Motherless Mother's Day events are by donation and ALL funds generated will go directly to each individual event's host. You will receive a link to donate directly to your host in a follow-up email from the organizer.
Grief and loss easily get stuck in the body/mind/spirit, causing discomfort and pain. Those of us who have experienced our mom's death, as well as those dealing with the living loss of having a complex or challenging relationship with one's mother, might be particularly tender during Mother's Day. Deepening one’s yoga practice in a supportive community brings awareness, movement, and breath to grief’s holding places and create an opening for change.
Together we will:
- Honor our individual losses within an online circle of support
- Practice grief-specific yoga poses, breathing, and deep relaxation
- Engage in cathartic and heartfelt expressive writing that may alleviate some of the psychic tension we feel on this Motherless Day
- Optional sharing in small group sessions
No previous yoga experience is required. All are welcome as modifications and thorough support will be offered throughout the yoga practices.
Please keep in mind:
- Folks should wear comfortable clothing
- If possible, collect a yoga mat (or alternative), two blankets and a pen/journal
*Shout out to Best Singing Bowls store in Santa Cruz where most of the sound bath equipment comes from!