On Giving Tuesday, Reimagine is producing a special "Gathering of Grief," our landmark 100th virtual candlelight vigil, co-hosted with a number of other leading organizations dedicated to helping people process loss and grief. If you've not been to a Reimagine vigil, this is the one. This virtual event, symbolizing our unified commitment to healthy healing and love, redefines 'giving' by offering a shared space for you and your community to mourn and process amidst mounting global trauma.
As a collective statement of our values, this gathering is an invitation to experience a mosaic of communal rituals, reflections on grief, and expressions of resilience. We're inviting 1,000 participants from diverse backgrounds to unite in acknowledging our collective pain, processing it in healthy ways, and channeling it toward acts of love.
- Leon Ford: Change-maker, author, and esteemed member of Reimagine’s Board of Directors, Leon is a survivor of horrific police brutality and gun violence. His heart-centered response to unthinkable pain makes him a true hero.
- Shayai Lucero: An advocate for Native American communities, Shayai is a TEDx speaker and founder of Earth & Sky Floral Designs. At this vigil, we are moved she will design our community altar and share a reflection that leads us into the honor ceremony.
- Hanaa Unus: As a university chaplain and Muslim community coordinator, Hanaa brings a unique applied perspective on race, interfaith dialogue, and how communities can respond in times of grief.
- Rabbi Ron Symons: A guiding light for his community following the tragic Tree of Life Synagogue mass shooting, Rabbi Symons spreads and elevates compassion. He is the Founding Director of the Center for Loving Kindness of the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh.
- Phoenix Song: Multi-instrumentalist and sound healer, Phoenix will grace us with resonant sounds and rhythms and help us tap into the power of our own voice.
In addition, an array of leaders in the grief space–all prior Reimagine collaborators– will join together for something wholly unique: the reading of an original Cento Poem, a patchwork of co-created verses on grief and love created specifically for this occasion.
The Gathering of Grief is a collective endeavor made possible by the collaboration of more than 90 organizations and leaders committed to supporting people through grief and loss. We hope it serves as a testament to what’s possible when we come together in times of adversity.
With deep gratitude to our wonderful co-hosts:
Denna Babul, LLC • Nathalie Himmelrich Grief & Trauma •Widowed Parent Institute •Open to Hope Foundation • What's Your Grief • Auburn • Holistic Ambition with Stephanie Thoma • Susan Lieu • The Hand That Heals • COPE • Good Grief Radio • Grief Medicine • Be Ceremonial • CoachRev @the CrossRoads • Jenna Pascual • Grace Bella Harman LLC • Lovewell • Thomas Ritual Arts • Kate Manser • Thoughtful Transitions • Claire M. Schwartz, You Can Heal Your Grief • Voices of the Grieving Heart • Alive for Now • Sojourn And Insight • Yvonne Velasco Brock, Spiritual Wellness Coach, MATP/CSG • Health Transitions Counseling • Dr. Agapi Ermides, D.O. • NFDA/Remembering A Life • Cathy Hope, ACC • Silent No Longer Tennessee • JR Consultancy • Body Wisdom Inc. • Sharing Solace • Comfort Homesake • Ade Anifowose • inFINITO • Thingtide Show & Tale LLC • Good Grief Doula • Death Doula Network International • Elizabeth Werbe • The Human Journey • Lion Rituals LLC • A Good Goodbye • Cida Vieira • The Other Side: Death Coaching with Chelsea Rushton • Be Present Care/Death over Drafts • Rachel Kodanaz, Embracing Life's Challenges • Grieving Coach • Bird & Babe • Bridging Transitions • Karin Holmes • Katie Louise Cooper • Meghan Maher • UCSF & PREPARE for Your Care • The Sacred Hearth • Mourning Surf • Grief and Light • Grief Relief Support • Butterfly (Tony Pham) • Antje Howard • Kaia Evolutions • Alyssa Rose Healing Arts • Aoede • The Center for Conscious Living and Dying • Death of the Party • Tamar Ettun • From Grief to Life • Author Ann Jacobus • Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York • Rose Gordon, Circle of Compassionate Care • International End-of-Life Doula Association • The Centre for Sacred Deathcare • Psychotherapy & Spirituality Institute • LaUra Schmidt/Good Grief Network • The Grief and Happiness Alliance Nonprofit Organization • The Path • Sherry Richert Belul • Grieve + Breathe • Holly Pruett Life-Cycle Celebrant • Mortician in the Kitchen • Death Talk Project • TGBeyond • MESO • BACII • Legacy & Hope, LLC • Cedars-Sinai Medical Center • The Dinner Party • Urban Mystic • Laura Miner End-of-Life Care • Gabby Jimenez • Quietus Bee • Nefertiti Moor of Dearly Bereaved • Janna Diamond, Evolutionary Somatic Practice • Kenny Yun • Kara • Taya Dunn Johnson • New York Zen Center for Contemplative Care • Jewish Community Center of San Francisco • GUTsierLiving/ Shweta Parmar • Milieu • Compassion and Choices • Motherless Daughters • Marigolde • George Mark Children's House • Meditation Changes Lives • Italian Federation for Palliative Care • Passages • Death Over Dim Sum • Global Compassion Coalition • MJHS Health System
Ticket Tiers for "Gathering of Grief":
- Complimentary Access: For those who feel called to join "Gathering of Grief" but may not have the means to contribute financially, this tier grants full access to the event at no cost. We welcome everyone, regardless of financial circumstance, to find solace and community with us.
- Event Cost Ticket: At this tier, your contribution of $15 covers the direct expenses of your participation. By choosing this ticket, you're ensuring that the costs of convening this meaningful event are met, supporting the mission of Reimagine to provide healing spaces for all.
- Pay It Forward Ticket: Priced at $30, this tier not only covers your attendance but also extends the opportunity to someone else who might not be able to afford it. Your generosity enables us to open doors wider and extend the reach of healing and connection.