July 9th marks the 6-month anniversary of COVID-19 and the 1-month anniversary of George Floyd's funeral. Please bring a candle and invite any friends or loved ones who would like to honor those lost.
NOTE: There will be optional, but meaningful, breakout rooms offered as a special 30 minute addendum directly following the event. Please stay and connect with your digital neighbors.
We will be joined by activists and changemakers fighting for a better future, including the incredible Leon Ford, who was wrongly shot 5 times by police officers and is now paralyzed. Leon has devoted his life to galvanizing a movement for social change and training police on how to respond to questions of race through love and compassion.
Along with Leon Ford, we will be joined by TED keynote speaker and esteemed Reimagine board member Dr. BJ Miller, who has drawn upon his own personal experience to envision a new model for palliative care. The service will be stewarded by Pastor Corey Kennard, healthcare activist and leader of a spiritual care team at one of Detroit's largest hospitals, who will inspire us to fight for equality in healthcare and beyond.
- Altar: Dara Kosberg, Reimagine Program Director
- Live Music: Amber Field, multi-instrumentalist
- Bells: Katy Butler, healthcare journalist
- Welcome and Candlelighting: Brad Wolfe, Reimagine Founder
- Intention: Stephanie Rivers, Reimagine Development Director
- Reflections: Dr. BJ Miller and Leon Ford
- Message and Honor Ceremony: Pastor Corey Kennard, Healthcare Advocate
- Concluding Prayer: All
- Concluding Remarks: Stephanie Rivers
- Optional Breakouts
- Final Songs