Join us for an evening of story-sharing and truth-telling as leading Black women healers, health-care activists, and clergy offer practical wisdom for living and dying in this moment. ASL provided.
Relying on the particular knowledge and experience Black women leaders bring to bear on these issues, this conversation will explore how the various resources within Black communities are being deployed to address this pandemic, the connection between how black women support themselves and others in times of crisis, and what these networks of support and response have to say about what it takes to create a world with more love and justice for all.
Join us for an evening of story-sharing and truth-telling as leading black women healers, health-care activists, and clergy offer practical wisdom for living and dying in this moment that also speaks into how what we practice today paves the way for a more just and liberating future.
On June 9, registrants will receive a reminder email with Zoom link and password.
- Rev. Traci Blackmon is the Associate General Minister of Justice & Local Church Ministries for The United Church of Christ and Senior Pastor of Christ The King United Church of Christ in Florissant, MO.
- Carla Gaskins-Nathan is the founder and CEO of Zelah, a consultant, educator and healing artist that believes true holistic wellness must be rooted in healing, social and racial justice. Carla is currently a co-facilitator of Auburn Seminary’s Sojourner Truth Leadership Circle.
- Dr. Renée Hill is an anti-violence activist and trainer who has taught self-defense, self-empowerment and trauma recovery to people of all ages. She is currently a co-facilitator of Auburn Seminary’s Sojourner Truth Leadership Circle.
- Alua Arthur is the Founder and Executive Director of Going with Grace, an end of life planning and support organization.
- Imara Jones is an Emmy and Peabody Award-winner and the creator of TransLash Media, a cross-platform journalism, personal storytelling and narrative project, which produces content to shift the current culture of hostility towards transgender people in the US