Curious spirits, awaken! The creatures come out as we transform our annual Halloween event into a spine-tingling Virtual NightLife full of science, death, and drag, with terrifyingly entertaining performances by the Rice Rockettes.
- Brad Wolfe, founder of Reimagine, shares new trends in the future of death with an exploration of alternative and innovative burial practices.
- Underwater photographer and biologist Jeff Milisen shares spooky stories and “sea monster” encounters from his years of blackwater diving in Hawaii, highlighting the brutal life of squids as they hunt hapless lanternfish and serve as prey for an assortment of much larger predators.
- Zombie worms, football-sized creepy-crawlies, and a thieving shark.... three alligator carcasses meet three unique fates in the depths of the ocean. River Bryant, PhD Fellow at the University of Louisiana, shares the tale of her team’s experiment to find out if sunken alligator carcasses could serve as feasts for the creatures of the deep.
- Learn how (and why) you’d want to draw a jumping spider’s attention with arachnid expert Dr. Sebastian Alejandro Echeverri (aka Spiderday Night LIVE).
- Get ready for sugar, spice, and everything Rice Rockettes when Estée Longah and Vermicelli Versace conjure up some Halloween-themed performances.
About California Academy of Sciences:
Life-changing moments. World-changing science. We’re an aquarium, planetarium, rainforest, and natural history museum in the heart of San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park—and a powerful voice for biodiversity research and exploration, environmental education, and sustainability across the globe.