Planning for a Better End of Life: A Guide
This video provides a guide to navigating today's healthcare system at the end of life and your rights and options when preparing advance directives.
A resource by End of Life Choices New York
This presentation discusses:
- Health care proxies, living wills, and other advance directives (with a focus on NY)
- Palliative care and how/when it can benefit you
- How hospice care can improve quality of life
- Telling your doctors about your end of life care wishes
- Where to find more information about end of life rights and options
Our mission is to expand end of life options and increase awareness of advance directives so every individual’s wishes are respected and we all have the opportunity for a peaceful death. We are located in New York, which has been hard-hit by COVID-19, and these topics have become more important than ever before. In response to this pandemic, we created this video for National Healthcare Decisions Day (through funding from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine) so all New Yorkers have access to this information.