Reimagine's Resources for Racial Equity
These resources, curated by Reimagine, address ways you can positively participate in making transformational changes around racism.
A resource by Reimagine
Videos from previous festival events
This list of resources, curated by Reimagine, will help you engage in important conversations about health care choices & advance care planning during COVID-19. Why wait?
Race Forward trainings for racial justice
A Guide to Discussing Identity, Power and Privilege, a toolkit from the University of Southern California's School of Social Work
Five Ways To Have Better Conversations Across Differences by Adrian Michael Green
Conversation Guide by Race Forward
How to Support Black Lives
Black Lives Matter - Eradicating white supremacy and building local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities
Campaign Zero - Identifying effective solutions to end police violence, providing technical assistance to organizers leading police accountability campaigns, and supporting the development of model legislation and advocacy to end police violence nationwide.
Black Visions Collective - Healing and transformative justice for black people across Minnesota.
NAACP Legal Defense Fund - America's premier legal organization fighting for racial justice.
Color of Change - Designing campaigns powerful enough to end practices that unfairly hold Black people back.
American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) - Providing support to all civil causes and leading the charge in partnership with Black Lives Matter, to find justice for blacks nationwide
San Francisco Bay Area
Showing Up for Racial Justice Bay Area - Organizing White people for racial justice.
Black Owned Restaurants in the Bay Area by Soliel Ho - Spend with intent to support the Black community.
New York City
White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
So You Want To Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
For more suggestions, check out this list.
Articles & Papers
White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh
Understanding Our New Racial Reality Starts With the Unconscious by John A. Powell
75 Things White People Can Do For Racial Justice by Corrine Shutack
Deconstructing White Privilege with Robin DiAngelo
How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
About Race Podcast
Ways to create change in your life now
- Educate yourself through the resources listed above (and more!).
- Check in with Black friends, family and colleagues to send them love and solidarity without the expectation that they provide education about race.
- Talk to kids about race, racism, and white supremacy. Regularly expose them to stories and images where people of color are represented respectfully and where our country’s history is accurately depicted.
- Support candidates of color in upcoming elections wherever possible.
- Support local and national Black owned businesses.
- Donate to and volunteer with the organizations listed above (and others).